Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tazkiraat

Tazkirah = peringatan.

I don't know how these tazkirah session can be more effective.
The nearby surau have tazkirah session on every night, after the second salam of terawih.
Unfortunately, 60% of the jemaah would left the surau once the second salam was over. Wallahua'lam what happened to the other four rakaahs of their terawih.
Then, for those who stayed, I bet only 10% did listen attentively, and I wasn't included in the 10%.
Why?
The very bad PA system and noise of kids playing mercun was really distracting. I can hardly listen to the tazkirah. Only bits here and there that I can't understand the real context. It took every ounce of iman to actually stay and wait to pray the remaining four rakaahs of terawih in congregation.
And, the when the ustaz decided to give a full-length ceramah instead of short tazkirah, it made me wonder "should I leave now" for every ten minutes.
By the time we reached our home tonight, it was already 10.50pm, and we didn't even wait for the tahlil.
I do understand that mothers that left their kids at home and have to wake up for sahur, those who left work late, students that have morning classes would appreciate of the prayer little earlier.
I would prefer the tazkirah to be held before terawih prayer start, right after isha' prayer because that would keep more jemaah around, and keep the tazkirah short and meaningful, so that the jemaah will listen to attentively.
May Allah preserve our iman, and make us one of those strive for knowledge. Insha Allah .

No comments: