Monday, August 19, 2013

Chermin

Read: Mirrors

Aku sangat suka lagu Mirrors. Sebab? Aku sangat suka JT. Nothing new (sambil menyanyi bye bye bye berulang kali)

Bagi aku lagu Mirrors adalah lagu cinta sepanjang cerita. Remind me to my parents and their parents and their parents. Cerita cinta sepanjang hayat. Macam VC dia. Tapi lagu ni berkisar cinta at the verge of separation and he is telling all the reasons why they should not.

Itu persepsi aku lah. Dengan kemahiran berbahasa inggeris yang limited ni.

Just know that I'm always parallel on the other side
Sepatah lirik dari lagu Sakeena-Outlandish berbunyi  "we are two matching calligraphy lines.
Sepasang tak perlu sama, tapi harus sehaluan. Kalau bergaris perpendicular to each other, mahu hidup jadi lintang pukang. Maka bila mencari, cari yang sehaluan, yang parallel on the other side. 

'Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Someone that make you stronger. That get you to your dreams. 

I'm looking right at the other half of me
Rusuk yang hilang? 

The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold
My favourite part of the lyrics. To complete a puzzle.

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me

I think one of the most important characteristic in a spouse is that to become reflections of each other. Sebab kita tak nampak kekurangan sendiri, maka kita kena lihat refleksi dari orang lain. 

I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me
And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making two reflections into one
'Cause it's like you're my mirror

Then, to complete each other.

Girl you're my reflection, all I see is you
My reflection, in everything I do

*melts*
Bukankah keluarga itu hasil didikan ketua dan penolongnya ? Macam mana sebuah keluarga tertakluk pada macam mana si ibu dan ayahnya. Cemerlang ibu dan bapa, cemerlang lah keluarga.

Two matching calligraphy lines ;)

Ini terjemahan peribadi. Oh yes I am hopeless romantic at heart. Haha. Bottom-line, I love JT and his works. Leulz

1 comment:

w 8 z said...

Ngahahahahaha. Had discussion about this song with friend also.