Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ketagihan Rangkaian Sosial

Read: Social Network.

Today, I invited some friends over for iftar. While some were busy doing things (beneficially or otherwise), some friends seem to be very attached to their gadget (read; Facebook, and other social network sites).It is sad to suddenly realize that this had become a trend and happening to myself too.

How much social media had ruined our life?

Undoubtedly, it plays good role. Facebook is where I am 'connected' to 500+ friends, maybe 20 with 'real' connection. Whatsapp is where my ten siblings chat and discuss about things. And, nowadays, my timeline and newsfeed had become so beneficial with inputs from pages like Quran Weekly etc.

But, the whole idea of addiction to these webs are unhealthy. The need to check for notifications or mentions every five minutes or so. The uneasiness when I don't have internet connection. The urge to stay connected all the time. It comes to a situation that taking seconds off from the gadget to see our friends face are wasteful.

This is personal for me. Because I'm suffering from this too.
..that I'm bringing my phone to teraweeh
..that I check for updates first after finishing my solat, before reciting the quran
..that I'm holding phone in one hand, and steering the car with the other
..or laddle with the other, at the kitchen
..and, every night, I would sit for hours, staring my laptop, switching between FB and twitter.

sad. n. sickening.

this is my reflection of 7 Ramadhan.

No comments: